Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Paul Pfeiffer


Paul Pfeiffer is a video artist. He often uses lots of found footage and edits them to his liking. His work is very time consuming and meticulous. His work often take him a very long time to complete. In his work "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" he edited footage of a basketball game and cut out all the basketball players except for one. Then in " The Long Count" he edited out George Foreman and Muhammad Ali in thier fight. Another example of his work is "Live From Neverland" where he cut out Michael Jackson's voice in his press conferance about malesting children, with eighty children reciting his words.



I think the "Live From Neverland" idea was pretty funny by him. I really don't understand his other two popular pieces though. I don't think that taking out the other nine basketball players make it that interesting. I guess it may look a little strange in some shots but from the few I looked at it it actually looked pretty normal. In fact at first I just thought it was a normal picture of a basketball game. Then "The Long Count" really doesnt make sense to me. The whole purpose of that clip is to see the two fighters fighting and then he removes them. I don't think there would be too much left to see, I guess maybe the crowds reactions and I guess maybe the person telling you about the fight.

No comments: