Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pipolotti Rist


Pipolotti Rist is also a video artist. The human body, gender, and sexuality are usually her subject matter. Her works are also usually only a few minutes long. Her works also tend to change color, sound, and speed as they progress onward. Many consider her work to emit happiness and simplicity throught their music and color.



Her work is very interesting to me. I like the colors and distortions she uses throughout her work. I'm not the biggest fan of nude art but hers aren't too bad, I guess its just portrayed very differently. Then again some of it is very strange. I'm not too sure where people people get happiness from it just seems more strange too me. The more I look at her work though the more I get confused. She has quite the variety of work.

No comments: