Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bill Viola


Bill Viola is a video artist. He mainly uses slow motion to present his pieces which also mainly deal heavily with human emotion. In one of his pieces the video is so slow that every minute change in the person could be seen as they expressed their emotion. His works feature many different types of human emotion and he usually doesn't give a backdrop or any clue of why they are expressing that emotion, just that they are. His work also tends to relate to differant religions and even medieval and renaissance devotional art.



From the pictures that I have seen his work looks very interesting. I can only imagine that if the images were moving in slow motion they would be quite impressive. I like the images a lot they are very dramatic and have a mystical quality to them, probably also further enhanced by the slow motion. I really like his photos that deal with the water, I'm a very big fan of water and they just real make it seem like and out of this world spiritual experiance. A lot of his color choice is monochromatic and cool colors as well, which I like because it isn't so bright and lively but mystical and unkown.

No comments: